Oops I changed the name again.

I am stream lining my branding name so I have changed my blog heading to follow with my business name Laurie Rohner Studio. Since I have taken a new direction with my business it is important to keep everything as coherent as possible. This gives your customers and yourself an easier way of connecting with you and your work.
I find it has become imperative to the growth of my business and my own creativity to draw on a multitude of talents. This will not only improve the quality of the work but I will grow as an individual. There are many fine artists in this world all waiting to be the next discovery which when you are married or wealthy or retired or working full time at a job and your art is secondary I guess you can wait. But I am none of those and I am terrible at waiting so I am doing what I do best. I enjoy taking wood and sawing it down to create a functional useful work of art. My style has been cultivated and honed and when I work in my wood shop and smell the wood it is comfortable and I am at home. It is the same when I smell the paint as I work the canvas or paper or walls or wood. I love the entire process.
That is why it annoys me and saddens me when other artist (many women) make judgements and critique how another artist makes a living. You read volumes of how to be successful artists yet they have never had to survive on their own. There are scores of people declaring their success only to disappear by the end of the year. Then there are a number of us who work at their craft, honing their style and skill, because they discovered a purpose. An artist is someone who experiences all that can be created making no judgement and finding joy after it is finished. If you are an artist that has to keep an eye on the bottom line and is what I think is a professional artist please join in and criticize.
I recently added a fan page to facebook and was surprised when friends didn't become a fan. Maybe a glitch in the facebook system and maybe not but it is a nonverbal way of alienating another. I personally will become a fan to anyone who sends me an invite. Just good for karma.
My hope is to make people aware that a professional artist life is very challenging and when you are a single artist it can be daunting. Funny thing I wouldn't have my life any other way.

Popular Posts