Customer service is very important.


Today started very early because I had spent the previous day working with a very nice gentleman in NY. He was a set designer and was working on the new Smurf Movie. He had found some of our things at our Etsy shop and wanted to know if I could get them shipped - well yesterday. We went back and forth pretty much the whole day and by 8pm I sent my last email with my latest information. At this point I had still not received an order. I signed off my computer. It was St. Patty's Day and my Irish dinner was calling. Now you can see why my day started very early. I was anxious to see what had transpired during the night if anything. As I opened my emails I was thrilled to see the order had come through and a request to ship a certain way. Pick ups were issued, additional billing taken care of, confirmations handled, emails to notify customer, signing releases and of course making sure the package was packed and labeled properly. I am a firm believer that the customer should always get what they want and it is my job to provide it.
You may be asking why am I writing about this? It would have been very easy to do the minimal amount required of me and my company but would I have received the order? Maybe not. It is important to remember that service should never be minimal but instead the highest standard you can provide, no matter what the outcome may end up being.

Recently I experienced customer service at its worst and it served as a reminder how important it is to show your potential customers quality, kindness, hard work and respect. These days you can not afford to forget this.

Popular Posts