Buy it at Etsy


After much consideration and the advise from a few knowledgeable people I have decided to streamline how you purchase my things. It was getting to the point that every time I made a change in shipping (certain items now ship for $1) I would go through hours of updating my main site and then matching the information to the other venues. Too much wasted time on trivial mind numbing computer work which meant less time being creative. I chose to emphasize my Etsy Shop which is at www.LRStudio.etsy.com to be the best way to purchase my Painted Cottage Art and whatever else I have created along the way.

Why I went with my Etsy shop simply came down to common sense. It is where I have the most traffic. Traffic is important but combine it with the very helpful and friendly community at Etsy is a winning combo. I have had my things featured in Treasury showcases which are put together by other sellers on Etsy. On my Facebook wall there is a tab that connects you directly to my Shop and it is on my Facebook Fan Page www.facebook.com/pages/Laurie-Rohner-Studio/314782958056?ref=mf. Yes I haven't forgotten about my main site at www.laurierohner.com. I prominently added links to my Etsy Shop through a separate links page and also explained how to purchase on my home page.

For me I took what was working well and made it the center of the hub. Think of it as an octopus with many legs all working in conjunction to feed the body your work in this case. Etsy the body and all the venues feeding back to the body. In this new changing art business world I feel you have to keep thinking outside the box and hopefully I have made some smart choices.

Popular Posts