What my dog taught me this week.



It started with the regular check up with a new vet I had discovered here. Tucker has always had a mild reaction to the vaccines or monthly meds. So I went with questions about certain booster shots. This wonderful new vet went through his motions and gave Tuck a thorough exam and then turned to say I know you are here for the boosters but I think they are not wise choices. He had backed what I suspected and then said but a blood test would be good to do. I agreed and the next day he called with the results Tucker was in good health but his thyroid was slightly low in the normal range. Strangely enough my thyroid had shown the same results several years back. In the past year I have been very busy working and I have not been taking the best care of me.

I do not take medication and only when all else has been tried. I am a strong believer of alternative medicine and energy healing. I started to research what some of the more holistic ways there were to treat thyroid in dogs and discovered that we could treat each other in the same manner. It may be more work and a few more herbs of this and that but taking a synthetic hormone wasn't the answer for me and it certainly isn't for Tuck. Interesting enough my wonderful vet concurred. Tuck has once again taught me to take care of me and there are always alternatives to every challenge in life. The simple fix, the immediate cure are symptoms of our society. For now Tuck and I are sitting back and taking life in and healing each other.

Popular Posts