The making of a custom order.

I recently finished this custom ordered Keepsake Box for a gift to a new bride. It gives me a nice feeling to complete something for someone I have never met but I know my keepsake box and artwork will serve as a wonderful reminder to a beautiful day in ones life. Anyway the box started out looking like this. This is a pine crafted with a cove detail and is painted a soft creamy bone. I then added the brides bouquet to the top from an image I received via email and inscribed on the inside the bride and groom's name and date of wedding.

This is an image of the finished box and the photo a worked from. The main image of the bouquet I painted on the top of the box. The front side I showed white ribbon and loose petals cascading down the side. Each order I paint differently because the shape and follow of the bouquets can vary, so the boxes shapes can vary also. I think this is such a special gift to give a couple and I enjoy being able to bring it to my client.

Popular Posts