Fairy Houses?

I really can get giddy thinking about what I have just started. So let me tell you this much it was not planned. I was working on some bird houses for my shop basically for the upcoming spring season. Thought they might be a good addition and it helps me stay connected to the outside world - the birdie world that is. I had just received a note from an old friend who worked with me when I was in the flower business. It brought back some great memories and I noticed how much I missed working with natural things. I had to leave the business because I developed a severe case of skin dermatitis that progressively worsened over the years. But I guess you never really walk away from your passions. I realized that although I love to create things in wood and paint I also have a passion to work with natural elements. To smell the moss or to tear apart pine cones or to scavenger around for the perfect tree limb and then to meld these elements together creating something wonderful or in this case dare I say magical. 

I have been working at being more open to my surroundings and my thoughts, what is the world trying to tell me kind of thing. As I work I usually find myself drifting along in thought about this and that and not truly paying attention to any of it. I think we miss a lot of information by shrugging our thoughts off as just daydreaming or your mind wondering. So I have been staying focused and trying to understand what I  or others might be telling me. So as I was putting together the birdhouses, as plain as can be, I started to see these little houses of sticks and moss and bark and pine cones with little stick furniture and fireplaces. Cabins and cottages, rustic and chic, big and small and the images just kept flooding into my conscientiousness. I had to get these ideas down. Sketches were made and that night all I could think of was how to put it all together. I constructed my first house the next morning. Everything has just fallen into place. I call it my Woodland Cottage and it has a twig bed and table and a big twig chair and it is adorned with bark and lichens and mosses which I found outside my house. Fallen branches,bark from trees and mosses were all around. Then I remembered my bag filled with all these wonderful things I have collected all taken from nature. Now I know why, it is all for these wonderful little houses, fairy houses. And it is for the Fairies, my wonderful new little friends, I am switching gears. I am creating a new line of fairy houses and furnishings under a new name. I would like to thank the fairies. I think it was their hand behind this recent inspiration.

Stay tuned for pictures and info about these cottages.


Popular Posts